This group was formed after the Open Day in October 2016. It features more urban walks, looking at buildings
and items of historic interest walking mainly on hard surfaces and avoiding muddy fields especially those containing
cows and horses.
All communications are by email.
Format of Walks - Basic principles
1. Start of all walks to be accessible by bus from Bath Bus Station and to begin at 10.30am compatible with bus times and to take place on the 2nd Thursday of the month.
2. Max. length 4 miles, lunch in a café/pub at end of walk while on GMT (November to March inclusive). Where pre-booking required for lunch make sure venue chosen has gluten free options on menu. Picnic during BST (April to October inclusive) but to incorporate a toilet stop at a pub/cafe for a drink either during or at the end of the walk.
3. Each member of group to take it in turn to lead or help lead a walk and to email all the others 7 to 10 days before walk due to take place to include bus details. If unable to attend, email to be sent to the Walk Leader by previous evening at latest.
4. If heavy rain forecast for morning of walk, Walk Leader may decide to cancel and to email all members by 6pm the previous evening.
5. If we have a Back Marker, high vis. jacket/vest to be worn, Walk Leader to decide if this is necessary and arrange accordingly.
6. Walk Leader or Asst. Leader to carry a mobile phone on day of leading their walk, number to be as on the Member Contact List.
7. Any member with a life threatening condition to let the group know. All members to carry details naming next of kin plus an appropriate telephone number.
Walks Calendar for 2020 - Stick with it, we'll soon be planning our 2022 programme.
|February 13th||Urban Bristol||Jenny and Teresa|
|March 12th||Peasdown St John to Shoscombe||Helen|
|April 9th||- to be confirmed -||Peter and Eileen|
|May 14th||Colerne||Judy and Richard|
|June 11th||Box||Ursula and Steve|
|July 9th||Corston to Newton St Loe||Willie and Lavinia|
|August 13th||Bath Spa Uni., Newton St Loe||Betty|
|October 8th||Shepton Mallet Town||Zoe and Teresa|
|November 12th||Hinton Charterhouse||Paul and Sue W|
|December 10th||Kilmersdon, with Christmas lunch at the Jolliffe Arms||Teresa and Zoe|
We would welcome enquiries from interested members. If you'd like more information, u3a members can contact our Convenor, Barbara, via the details in the members’ newsletter. Non-members can email us at: