This group was formed after the Open Day in October 2016. It features more urban walks, looking at buildings
and items of historic interest walking mainly on hard surfaces and avoiding muddy fields especially those containing
cows and horses.
All communications are by email.
Format of Walks - Basic principles
● Start of all walks to be accessible by bus from Bath Bus Station and to begin at 10.30am compatible with bus times.
● Max. length 4 miles, lunch in a cafe/pub at end of walk while on GMT (November to March inclusive). Picnic during BST (April to October inclusive). If possible aim to incorporate a pub stop at the end of a walk even on BST.
● Each member of group to take it in turn to lead or help lead a walk and to email all the others two weeks before walk due to take place to include bus details. ● If unable to attend, email to be sent to the Walk Leader by previous evening at latest.
● If heavy rain forecast for morning of walk, Walk Leader may decide to cancel and to email all members by 6pm the previous evening.
● Walk Leader has option to write a piece and send to the Newsletter Editor with or without a photo. Group will aim to supply a piece 3 times a year.
● If we have a Back Marker, high vis. jacket/vest to be worn, Walk Leader to decide if this is necessary and arrange accordingly.
● Walk Leader or Asst. Leader to carry a mobile phone on day of leading their walk, number to be as on the Member Contact List.
● Any member with a life threatening condition to let the group know.
Walks Calendar for 2019
● Feb. 14th Bradford on Avon. Finishing at The Chippy by Bradford train station.
Walk Leaders - Peter & Eileen
● March 14th Lacock. Lunch at a choice of venues in the village.
Walk Leaders - Lavinia & Teresa
● April 11th Radstock. Picnic
Walk Leaders - Helen & Julie
● May 9th Wells to Wookey Hole. Picnic
Walk Leaders - Zoe & Teresa
● June 13th Widcombe. Picnic.
Walk Leader - Willie
● July 11th Batheaston, along St. Catherine‘s valley. Picnic.
Walk Leaders - Barbara with Sharron & Helen
● August 8th - Kingsway to South Stoke. Picnic.
Walk Leaders - Paul & Sue
● September 12th Bradford on Avon to Upper & Lower Westwood. Picnic.
Walk Leaders - Jenny & Sharron
● October 10th Corsham. Picnic.
Walk Leader - Ursula
● November 14th Timsbury. Lunch at The Connies Tea Room.
Walk Leaders - Jenny & Helen
● December 12th. Walk and Leader to be decided.
... and for 2020
● Jan. 9th Saltford. Lunch at The Crown, combined with the 2020 programming meeting.
Walk Leaders - Zoe & Julie
● Feb 13th Bristol City Centre.
Walk Leaders - Teresa & Helen
For more information please contact Teresa Langton, the Group's Convenor, at the email address given in the Members' Newsletter.