This is a new walking group for members who don’t want to drive. The idea is to meet up once a month to do a 5 mile walk in the country using public transport to get to the start and from the finish.
● We will walk on the first Wednesday of the month.
● The meeting time will usually be between 9:30 and 10:00 depending on the bus time.
● The usual walking distance will be 5 miles (but it could be more or less depending upon the time of year and the terrain.)
● The type of walk: country walks in this area will usually involve hills and could include muddy paths and tracks. There may be stiles.
● The walk will end near a bus stop or station.
● Walk leaders will inform group members of plans two weeks before the walk and instructions should indicate whether there is a refreshment place en route or at the end of the walk.
● Details will be sent out by email and members should reply to say whether they are coming or not.
● Each member is responsible for his/her own safety.
● The maximum group size will be 15.
If you are interested in joining us please contact our convenor, whose details are in the monthly newsletter.